Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie

This is the second in my Pumpkin Pie Series. My family has probably liked this version the best of my recent attempts. I also liked it, although it was very rich. It would be well served for a special occasion and not so much for a dinner/breakfast substitute as many of my pumpkin pies turn out to be.

The recipe I used is one that came with my cute new "Petite Pie Mold" from Tovolo.com. (see future Pumpkin Hand Pie Post) Their recipes are available online but I will include the pumpkin pie version here.

BTW: Paula Deen has another Pumpkin Pie recipe that uses cream cheese. I'll let you know. . .

Pumpkin Pie

1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
2 cups canned pumpkin, mashed
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg pluss 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
1 cup half-and-half
1/4 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
unbaked 9" crust

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. With a hand mixer, combine the cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar, salt, and beat until combined. Add the eggs mixed with the yolks, half-and-half, and melted butter and beat until combined. Finally, add the vanilla, cinnamon and beat until incorporated. Poor into crust and bake 35 minutes or until filling is set.




No comments:

Post a Comment