Saturday, July 2, 2011

Wannabe Collector

I guess you could say I’m a wannabe collector. Sometimes, a pretty plate inspires a certain pie. On other occasions, you need just the right plate for it’s depth, width and construction. Apple pies need deep, cream pies need wide and shallow, and pear pies need huge in every way. Here is a picture of my pie plate collection. 
 
 
 
In fall you’ll need the glass, the reds, the browns. But when it’s summer and the blueberries are out, nothing but a pretty white plate that’s wide and shallow will do.  
Pie plates are not that easy to come by. I’ve found them at TJMAXX and at Walmart. Sometimes Tuesday Morning will have something interesting. Since my budget is about $7 per plate, my options are limited. If you know of a good source, I’d love to hear about it.
 
-Quenta

No comments:

Post a Comment