Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Costco Pumpkin Pie

This is the famous $5.99 Costco pumpkin pie. It is truly a great value! A 10" pie is the perfect size to feed the family for dinner dessert and breakfast too. I do love the pumpkin filling. As I have stated before, I have felt challenged by the filling since many recipes just don't measure up. The crust, however, is far inferior. It is a very whimpy crust and it comes soggy and doughy on the bottom more times than not.

I have bought many pumpkin pies from Costco. In fact, once they start selling them in the fall, I never leave the store without one! But I am happy to report that my Pumpkin Pie Series effort has waxed successful and I no longer consider Costco the "best" pumpkin pie. Stay tuned for some great pumpkin pie recipes. It's a virtual PARADE!


No comments:

Post a Comment