Monday, November 28, 2011

Que Peligroso: Guest Post

My daughter Amanda had as much fun writing about the pies from this food truck as she did eating the pie. Some day I will venture into the savory pies. So far, I do Chicken Pot Pie. But this pork pie looks amazing. Visit Amanda and her reflective writings about the world and life on her blog The Flip Side of My Pillow.


Dangerously Delicious Pies are dangerous for the simple memory it
leaves you with, and possibly the effect on your wallet while in close
proximity. I experienced the Pork BBQ, Strawberry Rhubarb, and
Baltimore Bomb one blesse'd Friday of one wonderfully hot and humid
summer afternoon at Farragut Square Food Truck Friday. From my memory
I can still feel the chili pepper kick, the nostalgic remembrance and
renewal of strawberry love, the perfect explosion of chocolate chunk
and "sweet vanilla chess filling."



At times when I think of my current
meager repasts I drift back to better times where food came out of
trucks and dreams were within walking distance. That flakey crust
forged a bond between myself and those fortunate enough to partake
with me; Dangerously Delicious Pies will always have a place in my
stomach. Few memories give such forceful urges to buy the next plane
ticket to D.C., get a tax to drive straight past Capital Hill to the
origin of my reminiscence, and, after eating my weight in pie,
convince the owner to open a branch wherever I happen to be living at
the time or even a cross country delivery service. I'll do it, I swear
I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment