Monday, November 14, 2011

Favorite Pumpkin Pie



I've lost track of which "installment" I'm on for my pumpkin pie series. Nevertheless, this is a wonderful recipe and I share with permission from Bear Wallow Books. It comes from the Old Fashioned Pumpkin Recipes book that I have enjoyed so much.

You can probably tell that I used a cheater crust (Marie Calender's frozen crust is my favorite ready made crust) but when you are trying to fit in all the pie recipes in the que before Thanksgiving, you have to take some shortcuts.

The pie has the classic flavor and texture. It's nothing extr-ordinary, but a wonderful, basic recipe.

Favorite Pumpkin Pie
2 cups cooked pumpkin
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/ tsp. nutmet
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup light cream
1 9" unbaked pie shell
1/2 tsp. salt

Combine pumpkin, sugar, spices, salt. Blend in eggs and cream. Pour into pie shell. Bake 40-45 minutes in 400 degree F. oven until knife inserted off-center comes out clean

No comments:

Post a Comment