Friday, November 11, 2011

Pumpkin Hand Pies





Hand pies are seriously addictive! Is it a good thing that they take hours and hours (a small exxageration) to make? For these I used Paula Deen's pastry crust. It's the first time I liked a butter/shortening combo crust and I will definitely try it again. The filling is the Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie I've already posted about.


I used my new Petite Pie Mold in the pumpkin shape. In the directions you are instructed to use the mold to cut you pastry. Then you line the mold, stretching to fit. Next you add the filling and lay the top crust over. When I make them again, I'll cut the top and bottom crust bigger than the mold to avoid the stretching step. Then I'll trim away the excess.

Man oh man were these delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment