Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Quest

For the past several years, I have considered myself a failure at making a good pumpkin pie. The 'ol Libby's recipe just didn't cut it! Frozen pumpkin pies were better. Costco pumpkin pie was better. It was very discouraging!

A few summers ago I was in Pennsylvania for a neice's wedding with all of my sisters and my mom. We took the opportunity to travel through the Amish and Mennonite areas and stopped at lots of the fun grocery stores and bakeries. I found this awesome little cookbook at one of the stores and decided to try every pumpkin pie recipe listed to discover a winning recipe.

Over the next several posts, I will be sharing the results. So check back often for my Pumpkin Pie Series and together we'll take Costco to task. BTW this is a wonderful book with breads, soups, sweets, and of course lots of pumpkin pies. Bear Wallow Books in Indiana is a great source of cookbooks for the "Old Fashioned" baker in all of us. You can buy one or all of their 40 books from Abel's Apple Acres or from Kauffman's Fruit Farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment